Monday, December 17, 2007

Online at last...

Happy Holidays!

Please bear with me as I learn the nuances of blogger. It's a bit more complicated than myspace, so I'm working with a learning curve here.

Anyways, hi all, and welcome to the webspace for the Goods. Since some of you don't really know me that well, if I can tell you one thing about me to prepare you for this page it's this: I'm long-winded. I will probably write a novel's worth each time I post, and it will only be a fraction of what I really want to say. Please bear with me because there are days when I don't have much adult interacion (more on that later though).

We've had a pretty crazy year, but I think we're finally settling down, literally. We bought a house in November in North Mankato, Minnesota. For those of you who aren't familiar w/ the Mankato area, North Mankato is across the Minnesota River from Mankato. It puts Kyle about 8-10 minutes closer to work than the townhouse we were renting, so it's just a little more convienient for him. We've been in the house now for about 4 weeks. It is so nice to be in a house again. We even hosted Thanksgiving with my family. Nothing makes you feel more at home like a Domeier get-together. There was plenty of food, wine (and of course coffee), and laughs.

Our house in Ohio finally sold too! Yay!

In May, when I was put on bedrest during the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I resigned from my teaching job. I had planned on resigning anyways, but the bedrest kinda sped up the process. I haven't really had time to think about that decision (to stay home) until recently, life w/ a new baby tends to be like that, but lately I've actually had time to think about it. And I've come to this conclusion: I really like staying home with Elliot. It's an adjustment, but it's really quite awesome. He just amazes me. I wrote about this little wonder of ours on my myspace blog, I think I'll copy it here sometime because it just sums it up quite well.

I can't get over how quickly he grows. Not just physically, but mentally too. It seems like each day he discovers something new. I can (and do) just watch him for hours. He doesn't need me much for some playtimes now. He's perfectly content exploring each and every toy in his little toybin on his own. Oh, life is fun with a 6 month old.

Kyle has been quite busy with work lately. He has traveled to both Chicago and New Jersey this month, but that should be about it before the plant shuts down for the holidays. We're looking forward to some quality down-time, and some small home improvement projects too. AND we'll have a visit from Kyle's parents between Christmas and New Years too. On second thought, maybe we won't have much down-time.




No comments:

Post a Comment